Termites: Signs of Infestation
Whether you are buying your first home, or have lived there for years understanding the signs of termite activity is important. If you miss the common signs early on, it can lead to expensive repair requirements later. Due to this, our team of experts has compiled a short list of common signs of termite infestations that can help to save your home.
Signs of Termites
It is not always possible for an untrained individual to see evidence of termites; however, homeowners can sometimes identify a potential termite problem by being vigilant in and around the home. If you see any of the following, it’s time to contact a MY SON AND I PEST CONTROL who can immediately determine the extent of the problem and provide a recommendation about the appropriate course of treatment.
- 1)Mud tubes (used by termites to reach a food source) on the exterior of the home
- 2)Soft wood in the home that sounds hollow when tapped
- 3)Darkening or blistering of wood structures
- 4)Uneven or bubbling paint
- 5)Small piles of feces that resembles sawdust near a termite nest
- 6)Discarded wings near doors or on windowsills indicating swarmers have entered the home